At PhysioWellnessVA, our focus has always been achieving overall wellness and gaining function. We are one of very few practices in Northern Virginia specializing in pelvic floor physical therapy for both women and men. While we have expertise in pelvic floor health, our practice is rooted in a whole body approach that uses foundational musculoskeletal concepts in prevention and treatment.
We see patients who come from all backgrounds—no matter your medical or personal history, gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity—there’s a place for you at PhysioWellnessVA. We are committed to providing a safe and brave space, and equipping patients with the tools you need to live your best, healthiest, strongest life.
Our typical services for patients include:
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Urinary dysfunctions; incontinence, urgency, frequency, hesitancy and flow issues
- Fecal dysfunctions; constipation, fecal incontinence and smearing, obstructed defecation/dyssynergy
- Painful conditions; interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome, pain with defecation, prostatitis/testicular or penile pain, coccydynia (tailbone pain), vaginismus, vulvodynia, pudendal neuralgia, anorectal pain
- Prolapsed organs
- Peri- and post-menopause care
- Pain with sexual function/intercourse
- Pre- and post-partum care; preventative care, birthing/labor preparation, urinary/bowel/sexual dysfunction, diastasis recti (separation of abdominal wall), pre- and post-prostatectomy
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Sacro-iliac dysfunction
- Other related orthopedic issues
- Post abdominal/pelvic/spinal operation complication
- Numbness, pain, decreased function
If you have questions about our services, check out some of our FAQs. Even if you don’t see a service listed here that may apply to you, we encourage you to contact us to discuss our full range of services. Reach out to us via the Contact form for more information.
In addition to her own private practice, Dr. Nazari is a faculty member for the Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Institute. She travels several times throughout the year to places all over the country, providing guidance in a hands-on learning environment for therapists participating in continuing education courses related to pelvic floor health. Physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, chiropractors, and physicians have attended these courses and regularly express their satisfaction with the education that they have received. To learn more about Herman & Wallace, check out their website, Facebook, or Instagram.
You can find her teaching profile and updated course offerings through the link here. Dr. Nazari will also post on her Instagram page when she is hosting a course, so follow @PhysioWellnessVA if you aren’t already!
Dr. Nazari has mentored many clinicians who are developing their pelvic rehab expertise via weekly meetings online or shadowing in the clinic. Please contact us for terms and conditions.
Beyond teaching, Dr. Nazari is available for speaking events. Dr. Nazari has been featured on news channels, podcasts, panels, and other information-sharing platforms to discuss the importance of pelvic health, postpartum wellness, women’s health, men’s pelvic health, and much more. Check out her latest feature here.